Title: Trials and Tribulations
Author: Imam ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
Publisher: Dar as-Sunnah Publishers
Category: Self-development, Islamic book.
Binding: Paper Back
The book ‘Trials and Tribulations’ originally written in Arabic by Imam ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah, is translated into English by Abu Rumaysah.
Trials & tribulations are a reality of life which everyone goes through. This book teaches us:
1) Why are there trials in life?
2) Why does Allah test us, and put us through difficulties?
3) Effects of trials on believers, disbelievers and hypocrites.
4) What would happen if there was always defeat or, only victory in life?
5) Wisdom behind defeat.
6) Benefits of calamities and misfortunes.
7) Things required to go through trials.
8) Requirements for entry into Jannah.
9) The ultimate goal of going through hardships.
This book will make you pause, think and reflect about the challenges in your life. It will not only help improve your understanding in dealing with them in a better way, but also how to benefit from them.
A short impressive biography of the author is mentioned in the beginning of the book. The book also explains many terms and concepts in the footnotes which is very informative, and has a glossary of Arabic words used in it.
*The book I reviewed is from my personal library.