Collaboration over Competition.
Let us support each other.
Asalamoalaikum Dear Author/Publisher.
Jazak Allah khayr for considering me to review your book.
Following is my book review policy which will give you an idea on how I review books.
Kindly go through each line very carefully as it has many important points that will make it easy for you to decide if I am the best person to review your book or not.
It might take a few minutes but it will be very helpful for our collaboration insha Allah.
1) I accept physical, hand-held books in exchange for honest, unbiased reviews, & to promote them across social media. My readers trust me with the books I review, hence I consider it a huge responsibility.
2) All reviews are published on my blog, Facebook, Instagram, & Goodreads pages, different Facebook/WhatsApp groups, my personal contacts, etc.
3) Genres of Interest
- Islamic/Muslim books for adults and children.
- Psychology, Personal development, Motivational, Inspirational, Reflection books.
- Books that are beneficial for adults & children, increase knowledge, are useful in practical life, & are helpful for gaining the best Aakhirah (hereafter).
4) Target Audience
My target audience consists of Muslims that come from all walks of life: Families, Parents, Youngsters, Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Homeschoolers, Students of knowledge, Publishers, Brands & Organizations, Booksellers, Authors, Book reviewers, etc who are always on the lookout for beneficial Islamic books. Alhamdulillah.
5) Format of books I accept
I still believe in holding books, & enjoy turning pages as I progress through a book. Hence, I only accept physical /hard copies of the book.
Moreover, it is extremely difficult for me to read a book through a device due to which I do not accept ebooks/pdfs/soft copies.
6) Minimum review time depends on the content & volume of the book, number of books I have in line for review, and my daily life schedule. I do not want to read a book just for the sake of posting its review. I read a book to enjoy, learn, and share with others. Having said that, I make sure to post the review in a reasonable time frame, but if you have a specific time in mind, do let me know.
7) Books I DO NOT accept (Very Very Important)
As much as I can, I try to follow & promote Islamic teachings from authentic sources and references only, i.e. from the Quran, Sunnah, & Hadith.
Kindly note that the books you want me to review:
-do not have content against the teachings of the Quran, Sunnah, & Hadith,
-do not have pictures/illustrations of Prophets, Messengers, and other religious Islamic personalities,
-do not have content encouraging shirk, bidah, sufi teachings, music, controversial topics, controversial personalities, etc.
8) If I love a book I will mention it openly.
-If there is anything I do not agree with, I will state it politely in the review with my reason. This is to give the readers an informed choice before they decide to buy the book. It does not mean anything against the author at all.
9) When contacting me for the review request, kindly email me pics of a few pages of the book so that I get an idea about its content. It will help me decide whether I am the best person to review the book or not. If I feel that I will not be able to review the book, I will inform you politely.
10) For review inquiries kindly contact me on: email@example.com.
11) Please include the following details in your email:
- Your name & a short intro about yourself
- Name of publisher
- Social media links you use to connect with your readers
- Book Title & its short summary
- Number of pages
- Target Audience
- Links through which people can buy the book
- Discount code (if any)
12) Books sent to me for review, remain with me and are non-returnable.
Looking forward to reviewing your book, Insha Allah.
Jazak Allah Khayr.