Collaboration over Competition.
Let us support each other.
Asalamoalaikum Dear Author/Publisher.
Jazak Allah khayr for considering me to review your book.
Following is my book review policy. I encourage you to kindly go through each line very carefully.
It might take a few minutes but will be very helpful for our collaboration insha Allah, & will give you an idea on how I review books.
1) I accept books in exchange for honest reviews, & to promote them across social media. The books remain with me & are non-returnable.
2) All reviews are published on my blog, Facebook, Instagram, & Goodreads pages, different Facebook/WhatsApp groups, my personal contacts, etc.
3) Genres of Interest:
- Islamic/Muslim books for adults and children.
- Psychology, Personal development, Motivational, Inspirational, Reflection books.
- Books that are beneficial for adults & children, increase knowledge, are useful in practical life, & are helpful for gaining the best Aakhirah (hereafter).
4) My target audience include book loving Muslim Families, Parents, Professionals, Homeschoolers, students of knowledge, etc. who are always on the lookout for good books.
5) Minimum review time depends on the content & volume of the book, number of books I have in line for review, and my daily life schedule. I do not want to read a book just for the sake of posting its review. I read a book to enjoy and learn from and share with others. Having said that, I make sure to post the review in a reasonable time frame; a week – a month.
6) I still believe in holding books, & enjoy turning pages as I progress through a book. Hence, I would prefer to receive a hard cover instead of an e-book (unless the book is only available as a soft copy) which means you might have to post the book internationally depending on your location.
7) I only share honest reviews. If I love a book I will mention it openly.
-If there is anything I do not agree with, I will state it politely in the review with my reason. This is to give the readers an informed choice before they decide to buy the book. It does not mean anything against the author at all. Point # 8 addresses some of the concerns I will mention in the review.
8) As much as I can, I try to follow Islamic teachings from the authentic sources and references, i.e. Quran, Sunnah, & Hadith.
Kindly note that the books:
-do not have content against the teachings of the Quran, Sunnah, & Hadith,
-do not have pictures/illustrations of Prophets, Messengers, and other religious Islamic personalities,
-do not have content encouraging shirk, bidah, sufi teachings, music, controversial topics, controversial personalities, etc.
Cases where I choose to accept a book for review, these are the concerns I will be mentioning.
9) When contacting me for the review request, kindly email me pics of few pages of the book so that I get an idea about its content. It will help me decide whether I am the best person to review the book or no. If I feel that I will not be able to review the book, I will inform you politely.
10) For review inquiries kindly contact me on: email@example.com.
11) Please include the following details in your email:
- Your name & a short intro about yourself
- Name of publisher
- Social media links you use to connect with your readers
- Book Title & its short summary
- Number of pages
- Target Audience
- Links through which people can buy the book
- Discount code (if any)
Looking forward to reviewing your book.
Jazak Allah Khayr.